7.18.2008

Horrible Rotten Day

Today was just one of those horrible, rotten days you just want to forget. A's sick and miserable, G's sick and miserable, C is on the mend and bored to death and S is mad because we've missed her last day of swimming lessons. Somehow though in the midst of all this (as I can say looking back because in the moment was sheer misery) they are still amazing and have their moments of fun and creativity. So I thought being grateful is thinking about and reflecting on my day (other than the vomiting and lots of pooping going on). It included S pulling C around on a leash (kitty C), a bucket full of ice and soap-four kids- and a whole assortment of stirring devices making some soupy concoction with chef S at the helm.

The poop patrol on the lookout for doggie doo in the backyard which A insists for some reason unbeknownst to me must be picked up IMMEDIATELY regardless of what I am doing.

The care and concern for your sister or brother. When I go in to find G (even though he is clearly sick too) sneaking in to check on A hugging her and asking her if she's okay.

Sick kids sleeping in bathtubs.

But the BEST of all and today really stuck out in my mind was the 20 minutes or so we all spent together in the backyard this evening. A sitting in my lap, C and S working the soccer ball and W tyring to teach G to throw the baseball overhanded instead of the underhanded pitch he was insisting on (along with sound effects of woosh or swish). I don't know what it was about tonight but it was just special being all together as a family in the backyard playing.

On another note I don't remember from childhood was the locust chirping all day long. The kids actually think they are talking to them and it's so funny to listen to the kids ask them "questions" just to get a "sbuzz" in return.

Life is GOOD. God is good and maybe it's time I start recording to remember and start living in the MOMENT instead of worrying and anxiety about what's next. Guess we will see.......

No comments: