9.01.2005

I'm Just Like Gretta"

September 2005

"Oh Mudder come quick I want to show yous something special" are the words I hear as I look up to see a naked S who's come in from the backyard. I had just finished feeding the babies when S appeared in the doorway completely naked. Of course I'm not completely suprised since as of late S has been stripping everythng off. Anyway she reaches up to gram my hand and lead me into the backyard to show me that "something special". As I stare into the yard trying to figure out what I am suppse to be looking at she says "I'm so proud" and of course I have to ask why? "Look mommy I pooped like Gretta!" Low and behold in the midle of the yard there it was, that something oh so special. A big pile of S's poop! She was just so proud of herself. She continue on to say that she and Gretta pooped together. I got so cracked up as I envisioned the two of them there together in the backyard pooping as she said together. I stuggled looking for the words to say as I tried to hold in my laughter. When I asked S why she hadn't gone on the potty instead (we were right in the middle of potty training) she replied "because I am a dog and dogs poop on the grass." Oh heavens S and her very best friend Gretta had pooped together. Not a phrase I ever expected to hear back in the day I prayed for a sweet baby. Of course we had to get daddy and show him and he too worked hard to hold back the laughter.

Poor Gretta spent the better part of the afternoon trying to figure out who else pooped in her backyard. Then after all was said and done S said "oh I forgot I peed by the lemon tree but you can't see that one." I feel the gray hairs coming in as I type.

No comments: